“SpeD 2021” will feature live oral presentations using the Microsoft Teams platform. The registered participants will receive an e-mail message with the Microsoft Teams Session ID and must join using the e-mail address used for registration. The live oral presentation will consist of a 15 minute presentation of the problem, the background, the innovative approach, the new results and the comparative evaluation. An additional 5 minutes are available for discussions with the attendees. The presenter should prepare slides using Microsoft Powerpoint or similar tools. Each paper presentation will take place in its dedicated time slot according to the conference program. All participants should carefully read the guide on how to access and use Microsoft Teams for “SpeD 2021” which can be found here.
- Presentation Device: You must use your own laptop or desktop computer (no mobile devices). A webcam is optional, if you would like to be visible on screen while also showing your slides.
- Setup Microsoft Teams Client: All participants must download and install Microsoft Teams for Desktop from here. We strongly encourage you to use the desktop application of Microsoft Teams instead of the web browser version.
- Check Access by e-mail: Make sure you can login in the Microsoft Teams platform using the e-mail address used for registration.
- Check Connectivity: Make sure your connection speed is at least 2 Mbps upload, 4 Mbps download or better. Using a wired Ethernet connection provides the best quality, but WiFi should be fine.
- Sound: We recommend that you present in a quiet area without background sound and to use a headset if possible.
- Test Run: A test run will be performed before the conference date for all participants. Emails will be sent with details regarding the times and dates reserved for these tests.
- Technical Issues or Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Twenty Minutes Before Your Live Oral Presentation:
- Access the Microsoft Teams platform using the e-mail address used for registration.
- Join the Session Meeting with your microphone on mute.
- Wait for the Session Chair`s invitation for you to present, then unmute your microphone and share your presentation slides.
- After your presentation and the questions and answers session, please stop sharing your screen and mute your microphone.
- Enjoy the rest of the conference!
Attendance and Presentation Policies:
- Only registered participants (presenters, attendees, etc.) will be able to access the Microsoft Teams platform. Participants must register using the registration form: https://forms.gle/4eXRgZjiVfoyd7zF8 .
- If a presentation does not finish within the allotted 15 minutes, the chairman will have to ask the speaker to stop in order to leave time for questions and discussion and to remain on schedule in accordance with the Conference Program.
- If a presenter is unable to attend, and no other co-author is available to replace him, a break will be taken during the allotted time slot, and the next presentations will continue afterwards, in accordance with the Conference Program.
No-show papers are defined as papers submitted by authors who subsequently did not perform the live presentation of the paper in the conference sessions. Presentations by proxies are not allowed, unless explicitly approved before the conference by the technical co-chairs. No-shows will not be available on IEEE Xplore or other public access IEEE forums. No refund of the paid fees can be claimed by the no-show author. Exceptions to this policy will be made by the Technical Program Chair of the conference only if there is evidence that the no-show occurred because of unanticipated events beyond the control of the authors, and every option available to the authors to present the paper was exhausted.
Page last updated: 02.10.2021